Buds is not a great fan of green veggies so I have had to get creative on how I get these incredibly important nutrients into his picky belly. I will admit I often use misdirection and subterfuge.
Here are two of my tried and true recipes both from Weelicious
- 1 cup zucchini, broccoli, and/or cauliflower
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- canola or vegetable oil
- 1. Place the vegetables in a food processor and pulse to chop fine.
- 2. Add the chopped vegetables into a bowl along with the flour, salt, egg, basil and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- 3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and place 1 tbsp of the batter into the pan for each pancake.
- 4. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- 5. Serve with marinara sauce or dip of your choice.
Accompaniments: Marinara sauce, Ketchup, or Mustard
Zucchini Muffins (makes 12 large muffind or 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded (about 2 small zucchini)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the zucchini mixture into large or small muffins cups
- Bake 15 minutes for small muffins and 20 minutes for large ones.
- Cool and serve.
Weelicious is an AWESOME website for food ideas, from new eaters right up to the grownups in the house!